Powered By Blogger

03 March 2013

It's always something flavorful around here!

We have been busy selling stuff on Craigslist, eBay, and BooKoo ( a military webpage for selling stuff) with much success.  Sold a bunch of ball gowns that really needed new closets to hang out in.  Some purses, coats and picture frames.  A few larger pieces of furniture that we intend to replace with some nice European pieces from various countries in our new, upcoming adventure. 

Today, we sold our air purifier and the couple that purchased it brought over some stuff to prep ourselves for Germanly like maps, CD's to learn German and some transformers....along with word-of-mouth information about the experience.  More along the type of 'this is what to expect' kinda information.  The information not too many people are really forthcoming with. Almost like it's secretive.  Is it because they think, 'Hey, if I had to suffer through this on my own, you should have to as well'????  Well, now that is not very nice.

Take for instance, one pearl of advice was snow tires.  If your tires on your vehicle don't have a 'snowflake' icon on the side wall of the tire and you are in an accident and you weren't at fault....YOU WOULD BE IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE THOSE TIRES!!!!  Now when exactly was someone going to share that with us!????

Or, if you take ANY electrical items, they won't work right or work long.  Think of all the little things in your house that plug in.  Smell-good things for the scent you like in your house.  I sold all my Scentsy stuff.  Alarm clocks---mine is still working just fine from high school!  Our coffee maker, which is really nice but we may as well buy a dual voltage one there!!  Laptop, cell phone, camera chargers!  The DVD player, Matt's razor, my hairdryer, the TV's, the deep freezer, the extra fridge, my new Kitcheaid mixer and food processor. 

I guess we will buy wall clocks that take batteries, get cell phones there, get a different coffee pot, use my cell phone as my alarm clock, pray our TV's are dual voltage (which we haven't looked yet because they are MOUNTED on the walls), figure out what to do about the laptops and handmix/chop everything in the kitchen.  I'm not selling my stuff and I'm not risking blowing it up either.  It will all sit in the 3rd bedroom which will act as a 'storage' area.  But, I am not sure they will allow us to ship my washer and dryer there to store for fear we 'would use it' and ruin the housing wiring.  I only want to store it, but may drag it to San Antonio for storage and just buy a clunker set to get by in the meantime!

Some days I am frustrated and some days I am clear-minded, but there seems to be no grey area for me and how I feel about all this.  I am beyond ecstatic to go see Europe and who wouldn't.  It's just the logistics of all of it that's overwhelming.

We shall see and really it's one day at a time!!  One day at a time goes a looooong way in situations like this!!

Wishing me luck!  W

0 comments: