Powered By Blogger

22 January 2013

Another gone by, and no posts???!!!!..and a gob of new things!

Seriously????!!!!  Life has been too busy and this past year flew by fast!!

As I was reading my latest post...from nearly a year ago, I realized I really have been busy!!  The old adage,'Time flies when you are having fun' really is true!!  It has been fun!!

2012 held many fun things.  We had the wedding which was a blast!!  So many family and friends came from out of town.  The house was busting at the seams with laughter and jubilation!!  The kids were sent off on their new lives and on the one year anniversary of the court house wedding they learned they were expecting!!

I'm going to be a GRANDMA!!!!  Isn't that for really old people??  NOT!! I'm beyond excited!!  Is the timing right?  Is it ever??  Sure there is and now is a good of a time as any!!  So far, it's a boy and I couldn't be happier!!

Madison is half way through her Freshman year of high school and isn't too thrilled about it.  She's been consumed with a gob of homework.  Do people really use that word anymore??  Gob??  Well, I do!  She also has spent a gob of time with her friends and doing things teen girls do....watch TV and text!!

Matt was consumed with the construction of the new blood donor center which opened in July. That was a monumental feat and took a gob of his time from home, but well worth the look on the family's faces when they saw just what had been built in their father's honor!!!

We recently had a string of bad luck with finances.  The furnace, A/C unit and water heater all decided to konk out in the past week in our home back in San Antonio, so we dropped a gob of money of that.  With that and the impending orders for Germany, I decided to take desperate measures with our finances. 

One:  I want to stay on track with the Swingholm Debt relief program we put into place when we moved here.  After the hiccup of the short-notice wedding, we got back on the budget wagon and it was full steam ahead.....until the car needed new tires!

Two:  I have wanted to rid our house of the TV for a LONG time.  YEARS in fact!!  So, we cut off the Direct TV and it's total silence in my house right now.  I can hear the cat nibbling on food, the whir of the heater, the neighbor outside talking to someone, and my dog breathing heavily laying next to me....she's on the brink of snoring!

Three:  By disconnecting the TV (which was really making us unproductful anyway) I have vacummed the house after work, made homemade crepes with sweet cream cheese filling and cinnamon apple topping.  I made homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner, started this blog AGAIN and am preparing to read a book!!

Yes, you read that right!!  I am going to read a book.  From front to back and everything in between!! 

My first choice is Dolly Parton's 'Dream More'  I am into biographies and not so much fiction, although I did grad a book from the 'new' section about a seamstress for President Lincoln's wife or something!!  It seemed interesting and wasn't romance, sci-fi or horror!!!

With that, I plan to sign off and live my unplugged life!!  Take this journey with me as we see how my sanity holds out with this new endeavor.  BTW, I have also SHUT OFF my iPhone and no longer can make/take calls, text, FB, etc!!!  It was really nice not being tethered to the darn thing all day!!!!!



0 comments: