Powered By Blogger

20 December 2011

No posts in 2011 until now???

Okay, I'm a terrible blogger. I somewhat forgot about this and then remembered I blog too when I found a dear friend of mine who blogs about 'preparing good soil' for living a Christ driven life as a woman!! It's uplifting and it speaks to me.

I have found my share of trials and tribulations this year for sure. In a nutshell, it's been great. It always is. Despite financial woes, the bad economy, the forever ugly news, the kids activities and work...basically life, I find myself consumed in the day to day humdrum and have neglected this blog.

Maybe a New Year's resolution would be to get better at this, but I think that's pretty low on the totem pole right now. My priorities are going to be what they always are: I never make New Year's Resolutions and I will stick to always trying to improve myself and take care of my family!!

The year started off quiet. Matt came home from school in March and that was a relief. I get worn out playing single-mother when he's gone. He was home on weekends, but it's just not the same.

In June, we took NINE people to Disney for seven whole days and it was incredibly fun. We took our girls, Brandi's soon-to-be fiance' (but she didn't know that), Matt's folks (first-timers) and Madi's two friends from Texas!! It was a blast. We stayed in a two bedroom villa with a fully equipped kitchen and living room. The spa tub was great. Matt and I hopped in there in our swimgear and loaded it with bubbles....it was a very open living area so we opted to stay in swim suits. We cleaned the tub and the girls got in!!!

We hit all four parks but the highlight for the whole time was the impending proposal at the Magic Kingdom's Cinderella's Castle. It was fabulous. Billy proposed to Brandi in front of family and friends and of course, princesses!! You can check out the ins and outs of the whole process at their website, www.billyandbrandi.com There are a ton of pics and some videos!!

So, with the proposal comes the wedding planning. The kids wanted a Spring wedding and decided on this coming March. A little short budget wise, but all in all it's in the budget. The venue is the local historic Garrett-Bullock house and it will be very beautiful complete with a chocolate fountain....the second most important thing I am interested in other than reciting my vows to my husband in my head as the kids take theirs.

The dress is purchased and waiting in our upstairs guest bedroom along with all the garments that go with it, the mother of the bride dress, the maid of honor dress (Madi), favors for the bridal shower (also at the same venue with a traditional tea party theme) and for the out-of-town guests, the runners, shoes, hair accessories, ribbons, and the ever growing brooch bouquet.

Brandi has decided on a brooch bouquet to carry for her wedding in lieu of flowers and doesn't want any flowers at her wedding. She's like her mother and feel they are a waste of money. So, with that being said we have been collecting brooches from all over. Friends and family have sent some awesome brooches and we have snagged a few finds at our local thrift store along with some from estate sales. Thank you to everyone who has sent one!! It's turning out beautifully and it's been a pain-staking process, but worth it. It actually landed me in the ER two weeks ago with a pulled upper back muscle spasm that needed a shot....it's nearly four pounds already!! But did I mention it's beautiful!!

Madi has made a decision on which high school to start next year based on much research and word-of-mouth from the locals we know. She has decided on St. Anne-Pacelli High School. Despite the tuition factor, it's a wise choice. She has so much potential and she is not being challenged in her current school. This school has small class sizes, is very faith based, is a very close knit community even if you don't belong to the Parish and she fits right in. Even if it means she has to continue to wear a uniform. A very wise and noble high school teacher of mine had a bumper sticker on his truck that read, "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance!" That is a very true statement and I have strived to live by that philosophy, so with that being said, we respect Madi's decision to go to SAP!!!

I am saddened to report we had to find my dear friend Bagram a new home. He became very aggressive over the summer and began biting the other animals, two children that visited our home and then us. My first night home after having surgery, he attacked Madison in her sleep and bit her arm breaking skin. That was the straw!! He had to go. It broke my heart and I wailed like baby for a little bit, causing some unnecessary pain, but my heart still aches. He was such a large part of our family, but we can't have him biting and causing potentially serious infections that could result in hospitalizations or worse yet, lawsuits. My misser is very sore, but he will always be in my heart forever.

I am also awaiting a possible Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis in January. I have completed all the necessary testing except an EEG scheduled for next week, but otherwise I am doing well. I have come to the conclusion...and rather fast or anxiety would eat me alive, that it is what it is!! I can't give it away, nor would I want to. I can't return it. Things like this don't come with return receipts and if this is God's will, then it's a test I am willing to take. If God brings me to it, he will bring me through it.

This year has also brought with it a lot of saddness. We lost my second cousin to suicide in February. She left a husband and three boys. In May, my daughter's fiance's daughter, Scarlett lost her battle with cancer at the age of 2. Over the Thanksgiving holiday, my dear friend's daughter's boyfriend lost his young life just after Thanksgiving dinner from an underlying health condition. Despite the sadness that evolves around death, it is very much a part of life. We should not fear it as we will be reunited with our King in Heaven. It brings me peace to know each of these marvelous individuals are with their maker and living in his glorious kingdom!!

The year also brought happiness. So many graduates of high school flooded my mail box with announcements, babies were born and baby bumps announced. Life truly does go on.

As this year makes it's final countdown to the end, I ponder what the next year will hold. It's trials and tribulations. It's going to be a good year and one that is prosperous. Even if it means just enjoying a cup of coffee in the early morning or getting a pay raise. Every day is a gift. Soak it up. Enjoy it. Love what you have and not what you don't have.

Peace be with you my dear family and friends and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

0 comments: