Powered By Blogger

16 October 2010

No NanoWriMo writer's block

So I signed up for NanoWriMo this year and I'm not even a writer let alone a reader. I like to read non-fiction. I like biographies and real material. It came to me this morning while in that foggy asleep yet mindful of my surroundings point of the morning where I'm cuddled in bed with my dog and husband. Note how I put the dog first. Just kidding. She is my bedmate though when the hubby is out on Army duties.

My novel is going to be a mix of fiction and non-fiction with real characters, in a real setting but with a non-fiction twist that I wish could really be true. For privacy reasons I may change some of my characters names to protect them, but their stories and lives have touched me so deeply.

I'd like to thank first and foremost Tammy and Deanne for being my motivation for undertaking such an endeavor as this as I really haven't ever put such a demand on myself. Sure, I joined the Army and that was demanding. I'm married and that's demanding. I'm a mother and Lord knows that's demanding, but this is something that I have never even contemplated doing EVER in my life. Never thought of myself as a writer but have thought of writing a series of children's books when I'm older just to see if I could do it.

Next a thank you to Kat for the inspiration in my thoughts on what the main point of my novel will revolve around....a telephone. Kat, don't give it away!!!!

Thanks to Matt for supporting me in this and for the evenings I will be spending writing while laying in bed while you are watching your numerous TV shows. I am always 'checked out' anyway, so I may as well write.

I hope everyone enjoys the final product and I am looking forward to taking on this endeavor!! Pray I have patience and order as I don't even know where to start or even what to title the novel, but thoughts are swirling so that's a good sign, right????

Until later....write, write, write!!!

0 comments: